Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday work


I mowed the cemetery for the second time today.  It took about 3 hours to mow it.  I finished just as it started raining.

And, I found another member of the McNiel family online today.  M Chauncy that is buried here was Mary McNiel Chauncy married to Warren Chauncy.  I was searching to find where he died in Arkansas [1896 Scott County, AR] and found a query someone posted about their Grandmother Pauline Honsinger and her Chauncy nephew.  He said his grandmother was a McNeil and her sister married a Chauncy.  Mary McNiel's sister was I thought named Martha Parmilia McNiel as she is Martha P on the 1860 census and Parmilia on the 1870 census.  It turns out she was Martha Paulina McNiel Hemphill Honsinger.  I found her death certificate online, her gravemarker in New Home Cemetery, Laclede County, Missouri.  She married Samuel Arvin Hemphill in 1873 in Laclede County.  Then married Farmer Jay Honsinger in 1913, and died in 1928 in Laclede County.  She was called Lina.  So, the M McNiel stone in my cemetery is not Martha P., sister to Mary.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

When you click on the picture you can see the home place house in the distance. Grave yard looks good.

Galla Creek said...

Are all the apple trees gone?

Sister--Helen said...

oh a post I can skim over

Sister--Helen said...

I will be there to help you mow before you know it