Saturday, January 04, 2014

Birthday presents to follow...

I am home along, a truly blessed birthday present.

Robert has been concerned because he does not have a birthday present for me.  His dad is working today, or Robert would have ordered dad to the store to buy a present.  Yesterday, he kept asking me, 'So, what is your dream Grandma'?  I told him it was my dream to have a little boy and a little girl to come live with me and Papa.  And, 'What is your dream, Robert?'  Trucks.

Now, Papa and both kids have gone on an errand to buy a new battery for my little explorer as it has not been cranking right lately.  Monday morning we are not supposed to have any temperature, and it probably will not start without a new cranker.  I thought about just not going in Monday, but decided a battery would make a good birthday present.

Then, they are supposed to stop by KFC and bet a bucket meal.  Hannah wanted pizza, but I told her it was my birthday and I did not want pizza.  I am sure we will get KFC, but we might also get a couple of happy, happy meals from the Big M.  Big M and Big Chicken sit on either side of Big W where they will get the battery.

Robert kept worrying about my birthday present, so I told him what I really wanted was a new truck.  When he left, he asked again how many trucks I wanted.  I told him one would do it.  I think there is a good possibility I might get a new truck to go with the battery.  He is a really sweet boy.  Papa is not much of a shopper, so we will see.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

If I were there, I would bake you a cake. It was supposed to be warm today but it is very cold. I thought we would have one warm day before the big deep freeze but no so.