Saturday, December 28, 2013

Chickens


This is all my chickens except for the extra rooster that was hatched last spring.  I cannot remember how many we got from Patsy the last time, but it was either 14 or 17.  I have 11 red hens.  I think one of those is the red hen from the first bunch she gave me, but can't really tell for sure.  Then there is the little cream colored banty still around from the first bunch.  The larger cream colored pullet is the only other survivor of last spring's hatchlings. Then we still have the little feather footed banty and Robert the rooster.  I still get one or two eggs a day.  Another couple of months and they will start laying again.  All the red hens roost in the chicken house.  The little banty and her chicks roots in the old shop.  They are enjoying the sunshine and the stale bread I gave them.  They love bread.  

It is a beautiful day, already above 50 degrees.  Everyone has left and I am here along, enjoying the peace and quite for a change.

No comments: