Tuesday, September 17, 2013

We are floored!


George, with a little help from me and Helen, finished the last 6 feet of flooring by the back door.  Finally, we have new flooring from the back of the house all the way through my bedroom.  George said it has been about a year since he started the flooring.  I don't know if he was joking or if he really thought it had been one year.  I told him more like two years, but I was wrong.  We bought new flooring for all the house from the back bedroom to the edge of our bedroom in February 2010.  Over 3 and a half years ago.  But it is done now, and it looks beautiful.


Helen took this picture today of our one remaining Billy goat.  George, Clayton and Helen made weathers of the other 3 billies last week.  They seem to be doing fine.  I don't think we will sell any of them now.  They are really working on brush on the hill behind the house.  We just let them run loose now and they do not bother anything.


The girl took Grandma down to the graveyard Sunday to see about the weeds.  It did not look too bad, but I do need to go back with the weed wacker before fall.  Girl was bored waiting for me.


Summer is almost gone.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

You are really lucky to have Sister helen around. She is going to get all your jobs done. She will talk until George just does it to get her to hush.

It looks good. I say "thank you" to Helen...she was the spark that light the fire under George I believe.