Thursday, July 04, 2013

Is it July yet?

We have had wonderful weather for July.  It is almost noon and still has not hit 80 here.  I am really enjoying my time off from work.


What are we doing here?  This is the way you shift the 4 wheeler when you are 3 feet tall and weight 45 pounds.


Hey, it works.


Hot Rod and Patsy playing on the hay.


This is how you get down.



The raccoon got 2 of the chickens Tuesday night, so Lane and George raccoon proofed the chicken house.  I caught them all except the 2 that hatched this spring, and locked them in the house last night. Tonight, Greg is going to set the trap in front of the door on the outside, and we hope to get rid of Mr. Coon.


We will have to leave them locked up for a month or so to get them to go back to roosting in the house, then I can turn them out during the day and lock them up at night.  I even caught the little light colored banty, but I don't see her in the photo.  Maybe she escaped. 


The dark banty is setting again in the other pen, so I left her there.  We will see how many eggs we get  when we do not have to search the south 40 to find eggs.

I bought steaks for everyone tonight.  The boys did not have money for food cause them spent all there money on things that go boom.  


1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Hope the boys can hold off til dark to light their cache. It is so hard to wait but if you don't you can't see the sites. In a little while you will start your bonus check.

Happy 4th!