Sunday, June 30, 2013

What's Happening...

At the end of June...


My hen and chicks that I bought because they reminded me of Betty.


Bird house gourds from seed I got at the library.  I think I  have 4 of these growing.  I have always liked birdhouse gourds but have never been able to get them to grow.   Maybe this is the year.



Lots of mint.  There are two bee balm plants here somewhere, some apple mint, and some other mint I got from the Minoite girls at the garden sale two years ago.



This is a bee balm plant I started from a cutting last year.  I thought it did not make it until it started blooming because I thought this was another apple mint.


My clean strawberry patch.  In the back ground is the patch I started last year.  Hope the new area does as well as the first.



 The June Gold peach tree is loaded with peaches this year and they are really good.  One branch broke off from too much weight.


Nectarine tree loaded down.  Don't know if they will ripen like they should or not.  



The homestead.


Hannah in the rain.  It rained for about 5 or 10 minutes, but it was cool all day.  I heard where Helen is it cooled down to about 110 today.


Junior built this onto his abode.  He did not quite get it finished.  I thought it was supposed to be a chicken roast, but when I put corn out on it they got mad.


Rain clouds.



But no more rain.


Boy watching Ice Roads.


Daddy got the girl a little radio with ear phones.  She loves it and went to sleep listening to music.  I had to take them out of her ears, but she did not way up.

2013 is half over.  It is going to be a good second half.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Raise some Guineas
Raise some gourds

that is Grandma Gaddy's Garden so i guess I remind you of her! I am some like her. I hope you can raise some gourds I have tried several times and failed.

We got no rain. We put soakers in the watermelons. We have some bigger than softballs.

I like Jr's porch! He can sit there and watch you weed the garden!

Sister--Helen said...

It is a great place to raise kids....of all kinds..LOL

Galla Creek said...

I decided that the jOhns were 2 different men and seperated them in my tree. Just not sure.

Unknown said...

All looks good...what a fun relaxing summer for the kids❤