Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 11, Thursday




The renter only has a few calves on the lower side of the road now, so I saw the deer back tonight.  This mama and baby and the mama and twins.

Yesterday was Richard's birthday.  I always remember that Daddy said that Oct 10 was usually the average time of the first frost here.  Usually, any more, it is usually closer to the end of October.  But, several times we have had snow on Halloween.

I am looking forward to a week end of rest.  Don't think I will go get the kids this weekend.  

I have been reading books instead of posting on the blog.  I read The Distance Between Us by Reyna Grande.  She was born in Mexico and came to the US as a child.  I really liked the book.  She wrote realistically about her like.  I think many of the Hispanics I know probably had much the same experiences.  Betty would like the book.

Now, I am reading Beyond the Sky and the Earth, written by a young Canadian woman that went ot Bhutan, over by Tibet to teach for 2 years.  It is really interesting. 

One more day and then two days off.  I really feel sorry for those non-working people that NEVER get a day off.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Books sound good as I have nothing to read. Will go tomorrow to library. Maybe fine something.

Sister--Helen said...

The picture of the deer jumping the fence is great