Monday, October 01, 2012

October 1, Monday

Back to work.

Dr. Betty Renfroe told me I should take ibuprofen daily for my aching hip.  I thought I would give it a try, took an aleve morning and night yesterday and already this morning I felt better.  Tomorrow, I am going to get a bottle of plain generic ibuprofen to take daily for a month or so.  My right hip was really hurting about a month ago, so much that I was limping for a couple of weeks.  It has not hurt so much for the last few weeks, but it still had a dull ache much of the time, and at night I had to be careful not to sleep on my right side.  I guess she got to be a good Dr. from being her own Dr. for so long.

I think it is great that 14 of Melton and Gertie's 24 grandchildren were in Alpena Saturday.  Considering that 3 have crossed the bar, that is 14 of 21 living grandchildren or 2/3.  And, if Patsy had not forgot to invite her youngest brother, we probably would have had 15 present.  I think that is a pretty good turnout.

Melton and Gertie Powell's Grandchildren

Thelma & Tom's children [6]
    Tommy, Bob, Larry, Susie, Max, Mike
Truman & Frances' children [5]
    Jimmy, Donnie, Frankie, Virginia, Kenny
Willis & Hazel children [8]
    Patsy, Richard, Clayton, Fleta, Betty, Helen, Debbie, Gilbert
Flete & Harold children [1 and only]
  Winnie
Winnie & George children [2]
   Jimmy, Skip
Betty & Chuck children [2]
   Bob, Tim


4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

The bone Dr. who is not cut crazy said that the inflamed part is what really hurts and he said after I got the inflammation down...I might be able to just take one aleve a day to keep the inflammation down. He said 2 aleve morning and night is the same as a Dr. prescription. But you would not want to do that indiffently.

Was really neat to have all those cousins there. I can't keep Frankie straight. I always think he is Donnie as he looks different after he has aged.

If they have it next year, I am bringing Larry...I think he would have enjoyed it...

Sister--Helen said...

If they have it next year
I am coming....
I know
I said that last year.. loved seeing the cousins names fleet...

patsy said...

Susie is older than Larry if we are putting them according to age.mike is older than max

patsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.