Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday, September 30


This morning was foggy and cool.  I took a walk out the road and then up on the rock quarry. I saw two deer at the pond, but they saw me first so all I got were pictures of them disappearing through the brush. 


I did see two of these buzzing around at the base of a tree.  I was backing up to get a good view for a picture of something else and  heard their buzz.  I thought of Helen when I saw them.  Right away I started going in the opposite direction.


I saw this in the tree up by Brother's.  Just waiting, I guess.



Son worked on the pond again today.


He is dumping the clay he digs out here on the lower side of the bank.


This is what Jr. found this morning in his 'dig'.  He says it is a hoe and hoe handle.  His story is that the drain was stopped up and Grandpa sent Helen down to dig it out.  Helen threw the hoe in the pond and went back and told Grandpa she could not find the hoe.Junior says it had to be Helen because anyone else would have gotten in so much trouble they would have went back and fished the hoe out to do what Grandpa said.  That is his story and he is sticking to it.  



3 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

I don't recall the hoe...but sounds more like little bro Gilbert to me.....Jr you are my favorite..

Sister--Helen said...

Ok so we still have a s###t load of bees...the son in law brings home 2 plastic yellow containers that you spike with this stuff to attract them and they get in there and can't get out....I say GAS UM!

Sister--Helen said...

Oh yes, and so far they both are sitting on the kitchen counter for 2 days....they are not working very well in there