Tuesday, September 04, 2012

September 4, Tuesday, Back to labor day


This is Martha Jane Tate Harp, sister to Ann Catherine Tate Slover Maples.  I knew I had this image, but when Patsy posted about Merl Haggard and our connection to him, I could not find the file on either of my laptops.  I knew it was on the old computer, but it is put away in the closet.  I found the file on my backup drive.  I was please to use the backup drive and have it work so easily.  I backed up files to it over 18 months ago when I first bought it and have never even looked at the files again, or tried to backup any new files.  Everything was there, just hooked it to my laptop via USB port and could pull up any of the old files I wanted.  I found this photo and the below photo of her children in a Harp folder at the Boone County Historical Center.


Children of Martha Jane Tate and Elijah Bohannon Harp.

Sarah Jane Isabell, Levi A., Wm. Thomas, LeRoy B., Joseph Anderson, Eiljah Bohannon Jr.


This is a photo of Merl Haggard's grandparents.    John Bohannon was a son of William Thomas Harp.

It might even be that we are in some way related to the Haggard side of Merl's family.  Jesse Maples married second a Mildred Haggard, widow who married first to Martin Haggard.  I believe, but it is not proven, that Mildred Haggard was an Atchley, sister to Jesse Maples first wife, Minnie Atchley.

Anyway, images now located. 

Now if someone searches for Martha Jane Tate Harp and Eiljah Bohannon Harp of Newton County Arkansas this post should come up.  I will try it tomorrow



1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

And I looked at Jimmy Carter again to see how we are related to him.
John Powell (Charles Brother)
had Judith Powell
she had Spencer Seals
he had William Archibald Seals
he had Mary Ann Seals who married Littleberry Carter
she had William Archibald Carter
He had James Earl Carter
he had James Earl Carter or AKA
Preident Jimmy Carter.

So Patsy and President Carter are cousins!