Monday, March 05, 2012

March 5


The little black goat, Myrtle, is trying to eat a plastic bottle.  I think she finally gave up and went back to grass.

It was a fairly nice day, but still a little windy.  And, KY3 says the winds will pick up tomorrow.

My directv dispute made me so mad, I canceled the card number I gave to them, and because the card company did not help, I am canceling my account with that bank.  Well, not canceling, since I have another credit card with them with a balance.  I am canceling the debit card they charge me for and taking my balance with them down to only a few $.  They are not my main bank, just the work CU.  I should have canceled the account a long time ago as they charge me a monthly charge for the debit card and my real bank has completely free checking and debit card services.

Then I emailed the details of my dispute with DIRECTV to our state Attorney General's office and the state consumer affairs.  Then I called DIRECTV agian, twice, just to complain.  The second person I spoke with, Andy at DRIECTV, said my account was closed.  I told him I bet a $ to a donut the service man showed up at my house Thursday to install the equipment, because I think you are all just saying this to get me to hang up.  Then I asked Andy for a confirmation number for the cancellation.  It took Andy a while to get that confirmation number. I suspect that is because he was lying about the entire thing.  The information they emailed to me said after 24 hours they charge $480 as an early cancellation fee if you cancel before the end of the contract. I really believe they would have tried to charge this to my card later on and they still may try to bill me.  Does that sound like Patsy?

I really think companies make it difficult to do these things because many people just give up.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I think you are right about giving up. Most of give up before all this maneuvering. I am glad you did not as it always makes me feel good that someone has taken on a big business.

This is the difference in a big chain and a little guy. When I get food from burger king, k fry or where ever and I get home I call and complain if my order is wrong. Usually they give you a number and you can get a free meal later. I called taco villa (local guy) because my order was wrong. He was so nice. I will drive it out to you he said...don't want you to miss your supper. I said no,no, no. They he said well at least meet me at the flying j and you can get it. Oh, dear I felt so bad. esp. when I looked at the ticket and yes, the order was wrong, but I was not charged for what I did not get. The server wrote it down wrong.

It is supposed to be 70 here today. I am really tired and thinking about retiring AGAIN>

Sister--Helen said...

Think hard on it betty....you deserve a rest