Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fifty Four


Lost and Found
Once again I lost something and found some things while looking for the lost.  Actually, I am the lost.  I was thinking about trying to update the Powell genealogy I made years ago.  The exact year was also lost to me, until I found the book and it said September 2005.  I really never did find my printed copy although I know it is here somewhere.  I wanted the computer version and could not find it on the old computer.  I finally found a CD  with all the files from all those books I made in 2005.  And, on another CD labeled 2005, I found the above photo.  I know I have the actual photo somewhere, but this is the only scanned file I have of it now.  The dog is the original Bear.  The boys and George really loved this dog.  When we had him, George worked on Newberry's farm, and Bear went to work with him everyday.  The boys went hunting with Bear more than once and returned with a groundhog or other animal the dog had caught for them.  No gun involved, just their dog.  This picture would have been taken sometime in the 80's.

This is the second Bear his first fall with us.  It must have been September or October 1996 as neither Lane or Bear is yet a year old in this picture.  You can see, Lane is having a great time and Bear is trying to get away.  Sometimes Lane rode the dog as a horse.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you found your old history...
That was a bearly good story too.

Sister--Helen said...

lane is so cute

Sister--Helen said...

lane is so cute

Sister--Helen said...

lane is so cute