Friday, January 20, 2012

Day Twenty


This is a story about getting old.  Sometime probably ten years or more ago I lost my SS card. I have not needed it for anything, so I have not went to get a replacement.  Next year, or maybe the end of this year, I will be so old I will need a SS card for something.  I looked online to see what I needed to get a replacement.  I printed off the application and started filling it out.  It asked for my parent's SS#, if I knew them. I did not but thought I would find them in the SS death index online.  Well, I found Daddy's right off, but I cannot find Mama in the index.  What I did find was Aunt Lovetta with a death date of September 15, 1992.  That is just 1 week after Mama died.  I do not remember that they died that close together.  Today, I took my camera to work and stopped by Uncle Floyd and Aunt Lovetta's grave to see if the SS list was wrong.  No, Mama and Lovetta died within a week of each other.  I still do not remember it that way.  But, then, I am old. 



Big Bird in a tree by the 'little pond' just past Clayton's house.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I don't recall that either.

patsy said...

me either.