Thursday, August 04, 2011

Bully Bird


I had 2 humming bird feeders until last week.  The hummers were suffering so much wanting food that I bought another feeder so now I have three.  However, mostly they only eat out of 2 feeders because there is one little Bully Bird that chases all the birds off this feeder.  She is so busy guarding her territory she rarely even gets to eat herself.

Turn up the sound and hear the bugs sing.


This is the feeder I have had for several years.


This one I bought about 2 years ago.  And the one in the video is the one I bought last week.  They are all glass globes with plastic bottoms.



This is the shows all three feeders with the pole George made me to hang the two on.  

Junior drilled down in Newton.  He said about 4 this morning there was a big fire at the apartments on the hill above dog patch.  The news says it was a total loss.

I am taking the day off tomorrow for our vercity.  I told them at work today that Patsy always said Poor George on this day.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I only have two or three hummingbirds. You have lots more than we do.

Sister--Helen said...

Hummers are onery little things... I think I only have one here...It gets so hot the water in my feeder must be about to boil.... I put it in the shade as much as possible.... Hopefully I will get more Hummers... This winter I would love to put out a bird feeder to watch the birds...but I do not want it on my patio because they will poop all over....There are some trees I could hang it in in the common area but I imagine the old people would not like it ... so I would need to climb the tree, in the dead of night, to hang it and refill it....I'm sure no one here could climb a tree and I doubt if I could....but I could carry a ladder down and climb it and I have not seen Anyone else here that could do that...

Sister--Helen said...

You have so many I can not even count them...I saw 5 in one shot and one zoomed off to the left and one zoomed in on the right so I would say at least 6 but they are so fast I could swear it was not the same one... How many have you counted?