Saturday, April 09, 2011

Almost done


Almost... This was taken last night from Clayton's front yard.  He knew I was there this time.  He had been sitting on the porch watching us work.  I told him I thought he might come down and help, but Not.  He did offer me a cold drink.  The white specks in the center of the trees is a white gravestone.  If you click and enlarge the image, you can see 2 white stones.


Closer view.  All the little trees and brush are gone.



One of the down dead trees gone. 

 

Here you can see the last down dead tree.  When we get it out we will be through with clearing. 


All clear.


There are 20 or 30 markers like these two throughout the cemetery.  Just rocks stuck in the ground at the head of a grave with no markings.



Resting...

Now, we have to remove that dead tree in the background and get Jacob's stone out and reset.  George says he has some ideas.  I hope so because it is very heavy and will not budge.  I want him to take the tractor in there and pull it out, but I am not sure what he has in mind.  I am sure he will get it done.  He has done great with getting this all done.  I am  lucky to have such a generous husband.  He has gone way above and beyond here.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Wow! You are coming along on the dead rest. It looks good. Jacob may be getting ready to stir from that hole.

Are there still any apple tree there?