Thursday, December 30, 2010

What


am I doing?  This is how I like to use the laptop.  I tried using it with the mouse pad on the laptop, but I hate it.  The lap table here is a piece of cardboard.  Tomorrow, I am going to get George to cut a piece of the paneling we used in the bed room to use in the place of the cardboard.  I can use the mouse just on the chair arm, but I like this  better.  The problem with the laptop mouse pad is that I can not get it to scroll  like the scroll wheel on the regular mouse.  That means you have to grab the side bars to scroll web pages and the web is the only way place I use the laptop.  I think there is a way to set the mouse pad so it will scroll but I have not been able to figure it out as yet.  I try to use the laptop if I want to get on the web when George is here because he would much rather play cards on the real computer.  All in all I am pleased with the laptop. 

 I am going to get a portable hard drive to back up my pictures and genealogy files, but I have not gotten it yet.  I may get George to go with me to Bestbuy this weekend and see what they have.  Walmart did not have much selection.  I think I am going to try one of the online photo sharing places also.  I think Erin uses Shutterfly.  I do not have to go back to work until next Wednesday so I have time to play.

This is the quilt Helen sent me.  It is one Grandma Gaddy made.  I do not remember it.  I think it looks good here.  I wanted to leave it out on display but would not want it to get much ware and tare.  This rocker is rarely used.  When Robert is here, he likes to sit in it and watch TV sometimes, but other than that hardly anyone ever sits in it.  I like having the quilt out where I can see it.  It makes me feel you to see it on the rocker.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I like the quilt...but do not remember ever seeing it.

I you will pick out the external drive you want and send me a link...I will order it for your birthday.

Unknown said...

I use my laptop on a TV tray and kinda watch TV at the same time. I have a wireless logitech mouse with a mouse pad under it. It will scroll with the center roller in the middle of the mouse

Anonymous said...

Shutterfly has unlimited space for saving photos. I like it mostly because I order my photos from there. They are always much better quality than picking them up at Walmart or Walgreens. I'd like to store videos there but they charge for that.

Erin

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Love the quilt and wish I had one of my grandmothers.

Have you tried scrolling using your arrow keys?