Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blue Sky in the evening



I guess I will not be posting any more after today. Patsy says we are all supposed to stop.

At work, I always say if I am told to do something, I may of may not actually get it done. But, when they tell me to stop, I immediately comply. In fact, many times, at work, I stop doing things that no one has told me to stop doing. If I am doing things that do not appear useful to me, sometimes, I just quit doing whatever it is and see if anyone notices. After working where I work for 22 years, I usually know what has to be done and what can be left undone.

I have worked with many people over the years that do just the opposite to the above. Once told to do something, they continue on over years and years long after the usefulness of the action has disappeared. And, these same individuals, when told to stop doing something they have been doing, will continue on with the task over years and years.

When we got our last plant manager several years ago now, I remember him asking me why I sent out a certain report. I have forgotten what the exact report was now, but I said because someone had in the past asked me to do this. He said, why not quit sending it and see if anyone notices. So, that is what I did. Several weeks later he asked me about this same report. I told him I did not do that report any more. He asked why not. I said because you said to quit sending it and see if anyone noticed. He noticed. I had to start sending that report again.

So that is my stop story, Patsy.

When I had my evaluation a couple of weeks ago at work, I gave my boss a list of the things I do and told her that it was not possible to do all these things in a 40 hour week by myself, and if I took a day or days off, every thing on the list was just left till I came back. Every week, I ran out of work week long before I run our to work. She has now assigned out many of the things on the list to her managers. But the complaint thingy that I hated and that takes most of my time is still on my list. Now, I have to be careful and make sure that I do not run out of work before I run out of work week. That is not really very difficult when no one knows what I do anyway. I do not intend to have any of those things come back to my list.

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

I feel very confident you will be able to follow through with all you are wanting NOT to do

Galla Creek said...

I like the picture. that camera does a good job.