Thursday, July 22, 2010

More Books



I went to the library yesterday and got a few books. I did not get any Norman Mailer books. They did not have the Marilyn or the Gary Gilmore book. I don't much think I would like his books. I got a book about Einstein, one by the couple that the Blind Side movie was about but not the Blind Side book, a bio by 'Nellie Olson' from Little house. I have read about half of this book and I have enjoyed it. I also got The Onion Field by Joseph Wambaugh. I have read this and all his other books, but I am going to see if I can read it again. I am getting old and I have probably forgotten most of it.

Then I bought the two books above at 2 thrift stores. The Black Boy was on a list of 100 recommended non-fiction books I found on a highbrow list on the net. While at work yesterday, I went through the whole 100 and picked out any that sounded promising to look up a review on. This is the only one of the 100 I thought I might want to read. I guess I am not very highbrow in spite of sister's assessment of my reading interests. The other book is for sister Patsy. My book was a quarter and hers was a whole dollar. I just had to get it for her because it is about her hero. I will take it to her next time I am out that way to get the babies. After I read the other one, I may take it to her also.

It is too hot to do anything except read.

And Helen, when is Billy supposed to be here?

5 comments:

patsy said...

I suppose you are talking about the bush book but i tell you I have found new respect for george Bush. he said he had no interest in campaining for any of the canidates this November.Said he wasn't interested!! how is that for a Inconvenient Truth?
Cheney has been running his mouth for a year and half. Rove, Bush's brain has wrote a book trying to justify the 8 years of hell but not a peep out of George. silence is golden, we were glad to see the last of him and I guess he was glad to see the last of us.Hurrah.

Unknown said...

Fleta...a wonderful book I just finished reading is called"the Help"...don't know the author, friends are reading it now...I couldn't put this one down

Galla Creek said...

I sure can't see George running around the world like Bill. Laura Bush has wrote a book.

I am reading but none of them are worth recommending. I told the Library to get the Sotomayer one. I want to read it.

Sister--Helen said...

you have found new respect for him because he is quiet....let him open his mouth again and you will remember...DUMB...who was that said...It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....maybe Will Rogers

Sister--Helen said...

Bill will leave here on 8/3 or 8/4 He goes to independence KS right off. Then he has to go to a few more states to work...I think he has about 2 weeks of work. Then he will be going back through KS to pick up the trailor and then on to Springfield MO. then to see the you all and then head back home...Bill is not real big on time restraints so it is hard to tell...I will keep you posted..