Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Of birds and blooms



My wren did not build in the little house I have by the deck, but they are still close by. Maybe in the old shop.

Clayton wants to know what happened to all our common sparrows. I had not noticed until he brought it up, but I have not seen a sparrow all year. Usually they come to the sunflower feeders and build in the old shop. I do not see them at all around the yard this year.



This is a turkey George sees each day down on the pond bank below Clayton's. I think it is a hen and George thinks it is a tom.




Wild flowers along the fence and a pile of rice hulls from Newberry's brooder house. I really like the rice hulls on the plants.



This is a gooseberry plant that I dug up from by my back door. I found it on the hill behind my house about 10 years ago and planted a sprout by the back door. I has grown large and bloomed but never bears fruit. Maybe it will do better here by Patsy's patented rose.



This is a weed in my beans in the garden. I have two of these. What is it?







Helen wanted a picture of the pigs. They are very ugly.






Soon I will have ripe peaches on my June Gold tree.







Day Lillies from Patsy's yard.





Beautiful flower bouquet from my yard.






Blue bird and butterfly bush. The butterfly bushes smell wonderful and perfume up the whole yard.




Bean plants in bloom. Should have beans in a week or two.




Yellow birds drink from the top of the fountain.

6 comments:

patsy said...

the yellow day lilly is calloed a stella day lilly. I bought it at wal-marts years ago.

Sister--Helen said...

I think it is a hen turkey

Erin said...

your pictures are prettier than mom's.

Galla Creek said...

I like the yellow bird and hope they come down here.

Loved all the pictures. Larry said the pair were Fleta and George?

I would love some gooseberry pie.

patsy said...

the two plants in the bean row are
E Pluribus Unum. E Pluribus Unum is a rare hertige plant, save seed and sew a large bed next spring.

Sister--Helen said...

I like the pig picture....