Friday, April 02, 2010

Census Surprise!


Today we bought a new double reclining leather sofa and matching gliding recliner love seat at Ashley Furniture in Springfield. I can't take a picture because we had to order it. They say it will take three to four weeks. I am planing on George painting the kitchen before we get it. The only trouble is, we have to remove the cabinets before we can paint.

This is a picture from Ashley's website. It looks almost brown, but surprise! It is Burgundy! The called it Burgundy Revolution, but if you google this, most of the pictures are brown. The one I got is definitely not brown. In the right light, it has a wine colored cast. I wanted leather, but George found the one he wanted in a brown tweed material. I really, really wanted leather and this was the only one we could agree on. I think I will really like it. If not too bad. It is already bought and paid for.

I have made fun of Betty for buying purple shoes, but I don't think she ever bought a purple sofa.




And it is raining on my new plantings. We have almost a half inch and it is still coming down. It is supposed to clear up and warm up tomorrow, but for now, the rain looks good.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

It looks real comfortable and that is what is important.

Sister--Helen said...

Fleta that does look very con=mfortable without being a 'woller' couch...I am sure you will like it..