Monday, March 29, 2010

Almost...



George has the new floor down in the hallway. Tonight, I stained another round of the trim.





This is THE room. I took the curtains out of my bedroom and put them in here. I got a set of JCP heavy drapes at the thrift store that I put in my room. I really do not like the color of the ones in my bedroom now, but they are heavy lined drapes and they make it very dark in the room. I like that. The pole light we have on the light pole shines right in my window all night. I think I will get a set of ecru colored sheers or lace under curtains to go with the drapes and maybe I will like them better. Or, I may just get new drapes when we get around to fixing our bedroom.


Now we have to get the cabinets out of the kitchen so we can paint and finish the floor. These curtains looked nice in my bedroom, but they really set this room off. We are really pleased with the room.
In a few days I am going to plant potatoes, lettuce and radishes if the rain holds off.
We have been seeing the deer over on Dan's most days, but tonight they are back in our pasture back by where we saw the turkeys this week end. It is the same family of 5 almost every day. They are not coming so close to the house now. I think because they have more to eat. I am glad because I was afraid they would be eating on my garden. Well, I guess they won't get a chance if I don't hurry up and get it started. Our potatoes were really good last year so I am looking forward to even more this year. I bought some regular white potatoes and some Yukon Gold. We will see how it goes. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

It looks really good, Fleta...Probably should give most of the credit to George...It looks really good, George...

Anonymous said...

Planted red potatoes.

Anonymous said...

I planted Texas Sweet onions.

Sister--Helen said...

Fleta....our friend Betty in Harrison thinks someone she had been writting to may now be dead,.....I told her you were great with dead people in fact they are your favorite kind of people...here is her post http://bettysnewtrick.blogspot.com/2010/03/losing-friends.html

see if you can put that sluth mind to work...oooh I hope I spelled that correctly, it looks very close to slut...