Saturday, March 06, 2010

Here comes the sun



It is going to be a beautiful day. It is 50 degrees at 9 am. George had to go to work today. His first real day at work after training. He is not delivering or taking the census. He is checking to see if there are mistakes. I thought in years past the census came in the mail, but this time at least, they are delivering it to your door. Me and Clayton got ours yesterday. Yesterday, George checked a section (he said about 80 buildings) in Madison Co. as his last training day. He found an error, so today he has to check 2 areas in Carroll Co. over by Rule and then go to Madison Co. and re-do the area he failed yesterday. If it was me, I would not be finding any more errors, but that is not George's way. He will do it the way he is supposed to, no matter if it makes more work for him. It may be that he just goes out and checks an area and then his supervisor compares what he records with what the person who did the work recorded.

Anyway, I have the day to myself to do with as I want. I will not be cleaning house, even for 15 minutes. One thing I dread about getting the remodeling completed, is not having and excuse for a lot of mess. Right now, I have things from the back bedroom all over the house, because we need to get the trim finished and installed before we move all the furniture back. George said we could move it back and work around it, but I don't see why we would need to do that. We got unfinished 1X4's to make the trim. We are going to stain it and then seal it with potheleyn (sp checker did not know how to spell this eaither). But, Junior says George needs to take the boards down to Frank's first and cut the top at a 45 degree angle so dust and crud will not settle along the top edge. Since George is working, it may be a while before he gets this done. He can work up to 40 hours a week. I am not sure how much he will actually work. The job will last to July, I think. If it takes till then to get the trim done, I may have to rethink moving the stuff back into the room.

Now, we have to get the kitchen cabinets out so we can paint it. When we get the kitchen painted, we can put down the living room floor. I am not putting that floor down until we are finished painting in this area.

I have the day to do whatever I please, not that I don't do that anyway. I do not please to clean. I may please to finish painting my genealogy file cabinet. It was off white and I am painting it black to match the other things in the back room. I wanted George to tell Junior that I had decided to paint the trim in the back room black to match the other things instead of staining it, but George would not do as told. I don't know why he has to be so obstinate. I always do what he tells me to do. That is what I should have done before he left this morning. Ask George what he wanted me to do today. Since I forgot to do that, maybe I will just not do anything until he gets home at 6 pm. I would not won't to do the wrong thing. Sometimes at work when something is done wrong, I tell them it could not have been me because I did not do anything. Brother taught me that.

Helen, it is naught as in zero, not not. I am doing naught today.

3 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

Oh my lands what an answer...

Sister--Helen said...

and even if Brother taught you to do that he did not teach you to tell that!

Sister--Helen said...

I have the house all cleaned....I feel better,,,,