Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Gloomy weather



George says we have had almost 4" of rain since Monday. At noon today we have a little over 3.5". I am really tired of rain. The deck chairs are not getting much use. We were sitting out there for an hour or so almost every evening.

I am feeling better tonight. I got through the day at work easier without all the coughing.

Patsy and Helen are really on my list. I get up at 4:15 every workday, so I like to get to sleep by 8:30 or 9. I often fall asleep with the TV on, but I hardly ever actually watch anything on TV. I do not even watch the news regularly any more. When I watched 'network' television, I preferred the 30 minute sitcoms and used to regularly watch several. Then, with the Dish, I got to watching the reruns of the old ones like MASH and the Golden Girls, but I do not watch even one 30 minute sitcom even in reruns now. I cannot stand any of the reality shows, or the make me famous shows like AM Idiot. So, I usually just nodded off to sleep by 9 at the latest. I still like Law and Order but all the spin offs are too gory for me and I rarely watch any of them.

Then along came the dodo sisters and their talk of The Closer. I thought it was probably one of those fantasy cop shows where the cop solves the crimes with ESPN or something. But, one night it happened to catch my interest and I really liked the show. Since then, I usually watch it on Monday night. Then, this Monday was a double header, so it did not end until 10 pm. After it is over, it takes me at least 30 minutes to an hour to get to sleep and that makes it really hard to get up at 4:15. It is Patsy and Helen's fault. Well, mostly Patsy's fault because I have little faith in Helen's entertainment judgement and probably would never have watched anything on her recommendation. I am going to try to forget which night it is on. I easily forget most everything else, so I think that will work for me.

7 comments:

patsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
patsy said...

call you on monday night and remind you.

Sunshine said...

good idea Patsy!!

Favorite Daughter said...

Fleta you can try what I do...I don't have a dish, cable, or even an anteana. I have no problem not watching shows on tv. If it's not on DVD, it isn't seen in my house. Just trying to be helpful.

Galla Creek said...

That favorite daughter is a smart girl. where do I find the closer?

Sister--Helen said...

The Closer is on TNT and it is on at 10 PM here....so I really have to stay up late...the good news is there is only like 6 shows a season so it does not take long to see them all...The last one of this season was on about 2 weeks ago and it was the best cop show I had ever seen....often in cop shows they have similar plots to old shows like streets of sanfranisco or something I have all ready seen a plot of years ago....The last one on closer was called the Extrodition and I guarantee you have never seen another cop show with a plot like that one....For people that have high speed 'full episoded of the closer' can be located on Google and you can watch them on the computer...but unlike some shows like Army Wives that come on the net the next day...it takes 5 days, after it is on TV, for the closer episoded to be viewed on TNT.com

Unknown said...

Mike and I both really enjoy the "closer" - I was balling like a baby when she had to put her cat to sleep...