Friday, July 17, 2009

Books for the weekend



I went to the Berryville library and got these books.
A primate’s Memory by Robert M. Sapolsky, some thing about life among the baboons

Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings, an American Controversy by Annette Gordon-Reed

Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowat about wolfs in Alaska, I think

Larry’s Kidney by Daniel Asa Rose, a true story about going to china to get a kidney, I think

The Lost, a search for six of six million by Daniel Mendelsohn, about trying to find out what happened to his Jewish family during WWII, I think

Harry S. Truman by Robert Dallek, about a Missouri Democrat, I think

Dangerous Beauty, by Mark C. Ross, life and death in Africa, true stories from a safari guide

The private world of Tasha Tudor, about an old woman in Vermont or Conn., I think but I like her photo on the front.

I am going to read this weekend. I am starting with the Jefferson book. I got one by this author last week named The Hemings of Monticello. I enjoyed reading it. I hope there is at least two of these I will like. I bet Helen would like to read some of these. I will let you know about the good, bad and ugly.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I have read the Jefferson one and enjoyed it.

Sister--Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sister--Helen said...

I have read 3 written about jfk jr this week;;;two were written by his friends..one was 7 years ago..

I'm not sure I believe them all but they were amusing...
would read truman for sure....and the
one about the boughten kidney..at least I was thinkinh he went to china to buy one he was dying...