Saturday, October 11, 2008

This
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=PED&db=fletaaday&id=I3596

is our Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) mtdna (roughly translated as maternal, or mother), so it is mother, of mother, of mother on and on.

Hazel Gaddy
> Irene Ilo Thomas
> Myrtle Mae Kinzer
> Pheobe Ann Cox
> Hannah Vickery
>Mary Gifford
> Eunice Beard
> Eunice Macy
> Sarah Starbuck
> Dorcas Gayer
> Dorcas Starbuck
> Catherine Reynolds
> Esther Ruth b. 1585 St. Marys, Ipswich, Norfolk,England or Stamford, Fairfield, Connecticut died in Rhode Island or Bermuda

Up to Eunice Beard, I have in our Powell database. The mothers before that, I found with rootsweb searches.

The reason I looked at this, is Betty is thinking about having our mtDNA tested. Clayton would not have to scrap again. They have the sample, Betty would just have them run more tests. And, she would pay for them. I think it is a great idea. But, anyway, I was trying to get it clear in my head what we had on mother of our mother of our mother... I did not realize until I did this, that we had so many more generations on Mama. On Daddy we are the 9the generation from Charles Powell. On Mama, we are 13 generations from Esther Ruth. I think Esther Ruth is a great name.

Oh, and this is just me and Helen. Patsy and Betty come down through the Palin line.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Patsy is Ester's image and I am Ruths!!1 Thank you. You and Helen are Whale....bones. Well, Helen is the whale and you are the bone!!!
So there. Leave Pat and me alone. We know we are just alike and like it that way. We know we get our wires crossed but you will plug them in and SHOCK US!

Galla Creek said...

Ok..I apoligize to Helen for calling her a whale, but not to you for calling you a bone!

Sister--Helen said...

Oh the Palin line.....can you believe there has been a LINE of that woman,,,there must have been in breeding somewhere in that line