Sunday, July 20, 2008

But this is what he was supposed to be working on...



We are hauling gravel from the creek and making me a patio out front by my new deck. Then I am going to make a couple of sidewalks. Eventually the whole area in front of my house is going to be creek gravel. We have about 4 loads to go, but George stalled on me last Monday and started mowing the pasture instead of hauling gravel.



The deck hand in Junior George. We are going floating on the Buffalo today, so they stayed the night last night, the boys with us and the girls with the other grandma. The two Adays that get up at the crack of dawn to go to work are the only ones awake at this hour.

We have the lumber to finish the railing around the deck also, maybe next week end we will get that done. Today we go have fun. You won't be seeing pictures tho. I am afraid my camera would wind up in the river, so I am leaving it at home.

5 comments:

patsy said...

That looks like mostly dirt and rocks. When it rains you will have mud and rocks.
Oh well the dirt will be rich since it came from the creek so the grass will come thro' and you will have grass again but you will have to pick up the rocks before you mow.

Galla Creek said...

Have a good time.

Galla Creek said...

I think hauling gravel from the creek is illegal activity.

Favorite Daughter said...

I hope you had a good time.

Sister--Helen said...

I'm with Pat ...if you did not put down some plastic or some type of barrier you will just have that grass growing up through that rock..oh, but I'll bet you intend to get out there and pull the grass all of the time....
Are the eyes the first to go? I was looking at that 1st picture and thought that white spot was you bent over doing something...then I thought well, who is taking that picture then ...so I enlarged it and seen it was the dog!