Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Then & Then



For Richard...


He wanted to know if Barbara Powell, Buster's sister, was still living. I finally remembered to ask Donna Kay. Yes, she is still living. Out in OK, around Tulsa, I think. She has had a kidney transplant, but she is doing fine. Her husband gave her a kidney...

Tomorrow is turkey day, and I am cooking turkey, dressing, homemade rolls, twice baked potatoes (maybe? or maybe just mashed potatoes if I get lazy), corn on the cob for all the little and big boys that love it, maybe green beans, and a cheese cake for my girl that will not eat much of anything but loves cheese cake. Jackie is making a cake and a pumpkin pie, deviled eggs, sweetpotatoes with marshmellow topping, and she bought canned gravy. I would have made gravy, but now I won't have to. Jr. is bringing himself and his family and he thinks we should be grateful he is bringing someone to eat all the food without adding to the leftovers. He is so thoughtful, like his mother.

8 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

Richard got it in his head I told him Barbara Powell died......I did not even know who she was....This was brought up because there were 2 Barbara Powell's on your birthday calendar and I asked him about it thinking you made a mistake....

Sister--Helen said...

My turkey is in the oven...the ham is wraped in foil and ready to reheat later....I have made 4 pumpkin pies, a cheese cake, 2 banana cream pies....we will have stove top stuffing because everyone likes it...Yams with marshmellows for Kris, mashed potatoes, frozen corn...green beans wrapped in bacon...aspargus wrapped in bacon..homemade rolls...that are rising now...canned jellied cranberry sauce...punch for the kids and fresh cider that I put in the freezer to make slushy..and a cream cheese dip that all of by big kids love.....Then after all of the kids clean up they can take all of the leftovers......We are using paper plates this year....

Galla Creek said...

Glad to know the rest of the story. Happy Thanksgiving.

Sister--Fleta said...

Things to be thankful for. I do not have to wrap green beans for aspargus in bacon. How do you get the bacon to stay on the little beans?

Galla Creek said...

I like my bacon with scambled eggs...not around green beans!

My rolls are rising.

Erin said...

i don't want to go to my inlaws thanksgiving dinner... i plan on being really sick. do you think me haning over the toilet puking is a good excuse ?? greg says i still have to go. he is sooo mean!

Sister--Helen said...

Well it's only 9:30 here and I have it all about made.....but I am done in....the girls are going to have to finish the rest which is mostly reheating things....they are all on their way...I am taking a bath and getting dressed and then lay down.....my day is over....

Sunshine said...

I like Jr.'s philosophy.