Tuesday, April 24, 2007

And, the rest of the story




After visiting the dead, I took Patsy home and drove down to Harrison to the library. They were having a book sale at the library. They had a room full of books that no one wanted and you could fill a bag for $3. My bag rannith over. I bought 27 books for $19 including a dictionary of dictionaries and an Oxford History of the American People. I have books about Kenya, Sutters Fort, A Stillness at Appomattox and one named Wild Goose chase. But the prize book I paid $2 for, which is what it cost new in 1927 when General Electric published Electric Refirgerator Recipes and Menus specially prepared for the General Electric Refrigerator. I am sure as much as we enjoyed visiting the dead, Pasty would have enjoyed the $3 bag sale even more. I may pass some of the books on to her when I get them read, but not the history books or my dictionary of dictionaries or my refirgerator recipies...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patsy is mad because you did not take her. Shame on you!

Sister--Helen said...

You know your Sweet Niece Erin collects cook Books....After all what are you going to do with it after you look through it a few times?????

Anonymous said...

It is probably too old for her to understand.

Sweetness Fleta

Anonymous said...

Sweetest sister is really
aspartane!