Friday, March 31, 2006

Our Round Robin Family Blog

I have to admit that I am enjoying this Round Robin Family Blog thing Patsy got us started on. I still think Patsy's is the most entertaining of the blogs, and I still like the comment thing and how it works more than the blog thing. Anyway, I thought I would post a pic of myself on my blog, so here I am, first grade, nice hand me down suit from cousin Winnie Jo, hair cut by Mama.

Patsy, since you got us started by saying you like to read other peoples blogs, I tried all your links. Could not get interested. Most are very long winded and boring, like mine. Tired searching blogs for things of interest, but I suspect we are not interested in the things that interest main stream world, so found nothing of interest. Tired clicking the next blog button at the top of the page for almost and hour, must have seen 25 to 50 bloggy blogs. not one of any interest. tired to fill in my profile, but have no interest in most of the things they ask about. tried to add my photo to my profile and it said i have to have one online to link to, so here is one. and while looking for this photo on my puter, found an interest beside dead relatives and puters. PICTURES. I bet I have over 5000 pics on my computers.

At work yesterday, some of us were talking about decorating, funiture and so forth. Talked of cook stoves when we were children. told them my mother lived to be 72 and never owned a new stove (all second hand), bought her first new sofa when she was almost 70 yrs old, owned one or two new refirgerators, never owned a new dinning room set, never owned a new bed room set. Myself, most of my furniture was bought used (bedroom, living room and table and chairs) but I never buy used appliances (new fridge, stove, washer, dryer, computer). My living room couch and love seat was $50 at a garage sale. My camera cost $500 plus extra for the accessories.

Do you remember the kitchen table we had for years until Betty sat in the middle of it and broke it in half? Anyone have a pic of that table? Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I am sorry for breaking the table.

When Mama got her new living room
suit. She was so proud of it. The morning she went to the hospital and later passed away. She asked
Clayton...if he thought it might
be ok if she sat on it. She was
a wonderful, loving mother. For a long time, I would think of calling
her on Sat. morning as I tried to
always do then I would remember
that she was gone.

patsy said...

Mama did have two new cook stoves. after world war 2 daddy bought her a kersion cook stove. this was really up town then, very modern. mama always was a cleanimg freak. the karison went down a tube and there were 4 tubes attached with burners in the end of each of the 4 tubes.You were suppose to clean the tube once in a while to make the kersion burn better. you did this with a very stiff wire and a rag tied on it. mother got the rag off the wire in the tube and no matter how hard daddy tried he couldn't get the rag out of the tube so he had to buy her a new kersion cook stove and this makes 2 new stoves she owned. same story different page. so daddy bought a propane stove for her. don't remember if it was new or not. she took all the nobs off cleaning and couldn't remember how they came off.That oven pilot light was out and i started to light it for her because she couldn't get down that low because of broken leg and betty, unborn, the thing blew up and burned my face and hands. the burn really was bad. didn't hurt the stove but nearly killed me. so with the two kersion cook stoves and the propane stove that may have been new that makes 3. we also had one or maybe more refergatiors probably because mama cleaned them too much.

patsy said...

mam aowned several new washing machines. i guess i don't have to explain why she had to have a new one.

patsy said...

oh yeah mama owned several NEW babies but the first was the best and the reason she had so mamy was because they keep trying for another just like the first.

Erin said...

my mama stopped after me... she new that a child couldnt be more perfect than myself and she didn't want anyone else to have to live in my shadow.

patsy you started it with that load of ...

Sister--Helen said...

cannot believe all of this bull.......