Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Of Brothers and Sisters

Last Saturday, my nephew got married. The wedding was beautiful. About 6 months ago nephew Gary asked Brother Clayton if he knew anyone who could take photos at the wedding. Brother volunteered me. I was somewhat worried about the picture thing, but then remembered something I had read about someone worrying about this same situation. Her husband told her not to worry, "If they had wanted a real photographer they would have hired one." I got some really beautiful photos of the beautiful bride and others in attendance, including the grooms parents above.

I took some of the photos to work to show them around including this one of my brother and his bride. Twice, when someone asked me who was in this photo, I indentified the couple as my brother and sister. Old brother is a decade older than I am, so I was about 10 years old when his bride came into my family. She seems like a sister. After all, she has been a part of my family longer than the majority of my other living relatives. So, Gary and Cheryl, the people at work now know what is wrong with you. Your mom and dad are siblings. I guess this makes this an Arkansas story. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

You did real good Sis! When I ever get married again I will let you take my pictures also.....

Sister--Helen said...

This is Melissa. I’ve logged in under mom because I refuse to blog. After reading that this blog I realized that Barbara has been in the family longer than Gilbert. That does make her a real sister, the 6th one.

patsy said...

helen you are not allowed to marry again. it will be funeral pictures fleta is taking.