Sunday, January 29, 2023

The Sun Also does not rise

 I got up around 5 this morning.  Yesterday, I looked out just as the sun was coming up to see a beautiful sunrise thru my window.  I thought about going out to take a picture but did not.  Today, I decided to start my walk early, in spite of the cold, and get a picture of the sunrise from the top of Meek hill. Sunrise should have been around 7:15 this morning.  Here is my sunrise picture.



Picture, but no sunrise to be had.  It is after 3pm and I have still not seen the sun today.  

I walked on down past here hoping to see the eagles in JR's trees, but all I saw were his horses in the field. I walked a little over 3 miles.

I took the little camera when I went to church, thinking again maybe the eagles would be in the trees.  Well, as I drove down the hill right about were I was standing to take the picture above, an eagle took off from this pond.  I got the camera ready thinking he would fly across the road so I could get a good picture.  No such luck as he went off to the left.

On the way back from church, I did get a picture of a big bird in the eagle tree.  I have not put it on the computer yet to see if it is actually and eagle.  I think there was a hawk in one tree by the above pond.  I will put the images on the computer and see if I can tell for sure what each bird is.


So, here is the eagle in the eagle tree.


And here is the bird by JR's pond that I thought was a hawk.  From the image, I think it may be a young eagle.



And here is Helen's deer just above her house that I saw as I went out.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I walked too. It was a dreary day.