Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Lots of Kids

Last night was really cold, 18 degrees @ 5 am,  but Greg locked the 4 mama's and their kids in the inside part of the Billy pen.  Then Cher with the newest babies were in the mothering pen, so they should have done fine.  Today he is going to enlarge the Billy pen and put all the Mama's and babies in the one pen so they will be easier to take care of.  He has a big feeder in there to feed them in and we can water them from the faucet.  No more carrying them water.


I took some pics with my new camera.



Lisa Kelly's Red boy.  She only had the one.  He is bigger then all the others.


and same again.

Here is Cher with the newest babies. The brown one in front is a girl, the next one is another boy and the one laying down is another girl.







Several of the three new ones.  I thing the brown one with the speckled ears is really cute.  I think I will keep her and name her Bailie after the crazy girl I work with.


 

 
 

I was trying to get a picture of all eight in the one pen.  This may be all of them.  The 2 older red girls kept trying to run back to mama.





3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad they are staying warm. Cold here.

Donna. W said...

The floppy-eared goats are my favorite. I've had quite a few goats at various times, and I like them if they are properly penned up. But Cliff hates them with a passion. Years ago, when we didn't have good fencing for goats, one got out all the time and ended up on top of cars, in the seat of Cliff's tractor, and in a neighbor's pasture a time or two. They also kill young fruit trees if given the chance. As I say, that was all due to improper fencing.

Sister--Helen said...

Oh Donna..we have no fencing to hold them except for one pen about 40 by 40....everyday they are free...free....free... if you don't want them in your yard eating your stuff you better stay home LOL