Monday, January 01, 2018

In and Out



These are a couple of the last photos I took in 2017.  



Since getting my first digital camera in 2003, I have taken tons of photos, but now not quite as many as a few years ago when I got my first super camera.  I now own 3 expensive Canon cameras.

Anyway, the old Windows 7 laptop has been having trouble starting up and doing much of anything.  Sometimes it would just stall out and give up on a task.  The hard drive had only about 30 GB free which was not near enough room to run like it should.  Yesterday, I copied some big picture folders to the backup drive Helen bought for me and then deleted them off the hard drive.  I now have 181 GB free.  I hope that takes care of some of its problems.

I have a nice Windows 10 computer/tablet that I use for browsing the net, but I really do not like it for most other things, especially pictures.  I can never find the pictures on it as it just puts them whereever it wants.  Windows 7 is more polite and asks where you want your pictures.  So, hopefully, we are starting out 2018 with a smoother operating laptop.  We will see.

And, we are starting out 2018 very cold. My themo with its new batteries says it is 7 degrees here right now, 5am.  The net weather says 3 degrees. The high is supposed to be 17.

I am cooking beans and ham for Greg and Helen.  I will have to fix something else for Hannah.  Robert likes beans, but she probably will just eat noodles if I don't fix her something else.  I have them on to soak now and will start them cooking in an hour or two.  Then I have to make cornbread for Helen.

Back to work tomorrow, but only working 2 days this week.  I have vacation days scheduled for Thursday and Friday.  Hope it gets up to freezing at least those two days.   

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I am thinking of cooking beans or peas. I have a ham bone!
Cornbread of course!

Sister--Helen said...

Sister had ham and hers were delicious