Friday, October 27, 2017

Junkin' Day

I go back to work Monday, so I decided to go Junkin' today.  I have been wanting to the the power tools out of the bedroom floor.  I was going to put them outside under the carport, but they might get stolen there since there will be no one here during the day.  Today, I found an old small cedar chest.  It was really beat up on top, but was  just the right size to fit under the window where the tools have sat for years.  It was good and sturdy, but the wood was gouged and even had two holes in the top.  But, it was only $30 and the right size.

I set it up under the window with Grandma Powell's quilt that Winnie gave me covering the top.  

The tools fit inside nicely.


And, I also bought this pretty wooden hat box and a Dale Earnhardt Jr. tin sign for Robert.


I think I will store photos in it.

Hannah has went to stay with a friend so Robert and I are going to celebrate by going to Western Sizlin.  It is seafood night.  He loves shrimp and I like the frog legs.

It is turning cold.  Supposed to be below freezing tomorrow night.  Glad I got the little heater going.

Got to go feed the goats so we can get going.


1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Remember our brothers giggiin the frogs and momma cooking them.
Bet western size is not that good.

The cedar chest is perfect for your tools.