Sunday, February 22, 2015

I'll Fly Away, or not...


Two young eaglets in a dead tree in J. R.'s field between Dan's and Newberry's yesterday morning around 11 am as we were going grocery hunting.  They were wet and there was still ice on the trees, so they looked cold to me.


Two young eaglets, I am sure the same two, yesterday afternoon around 4 in a tree in J. R.'s field across the road from his house.  Not so wet and not nearly as good out.


An adult close to the young ones in another tree.  I don't know if there is any relation to the between the adult pair we have been seeing in these trees and the teenagers.  Eagles do not hatch around here, and I do not know if they migrate with their parents.


Looking for something to eat.


But finding only an old tough bird with a camera.


These three, a mama and two babies were on the rise just this side of Newberry's.  About where we saw the eaglets in the morning.


They ran across the first hill and stopped here on the next one.  There was enough coverage between me and them that they did not think I could see them.


They stood like this for several minutes.


Looking everywhich way.  Dogs barking, trucks groaning.


:Looking back towards Newberry's.



And Terry's truck.

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

Loved the pic of the deer looking back...could be on a post card. It still looks cold there...Miss the dog and all 3 kids...I'll be home before you know it.

Sister--Helen said...

Fleta Kris downloaded some gilbert libruary books on her kindel for me to read...we put 2 or 3 on hold I think...it said you have 3 days to get them after they send an email....I did not change email add it is still yours....so you will get the mail...I do not remember what they even were...but I know nothing imp....reading jerry lewis now...that is the only one I really wanted...when you get email let me know if not 2 much trouble and if They go back do not worry...I see you are still having BAD weather....Don't miss that...