Sunday, February 16, 2014

Rise and Shine



All is good.


Beautiful start to a beautiful day, I am sure.


This is Patsy's goats taken February 9, 2012, the week after she gave them to us.  Two of these have since died, and Sam gave us an Mother Gray last spring.  So, from the original 6 goats sprang a herd of 20.



For a couple of days, I have been trying to get a picture with all 20 goats in one picture.  This is yesterday, around 5 pm up on the hill above the cave.  Never could get them close enough together to get them all in on frame.


This was yesterday, just at sunset.  They are all there, but you cannot actually see each one.


This is this morning a little after 7.  I counted 20.


This is all of them except Bertha, Big Sandy and Little Red.


Mama of them all.


They are making up for lost time grazing.  


Big Sandy and Little Red go their own way.  Sandy always goes her on way.  She is not a leader or a follower.  I think all this years babies are weaned now except for Little Red.


I did not try to count them here, but they are all in the picture.  It is supposed to get up around 60 today.  I am planning on doing nothing.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Is that one goat really the foundation of all the herd or do you just mean it like mothering all.

Sister--Helen said...

Betty,,,are you slow... Use that geneology crap...Desendents of Bertha..

Sister--Helen said...

Oh and BTW, lok at that view I will have from my place.