Tuesday, August 06, 2013

First baby of 2013


Or at least the first baby fawn we have seen on our land this year.  We are seeing more deer on the salt block and in our pasture, but this is the first fawn we have seen this year.


We did see two does the other day here on the salt block that each had a white mark on their side.  The one is our doe we have seen with twins for the last two years, and I bet the other one is here daughter, but, neither had fawns with them at the time we saw them.


Mama jumped the fence and wondered off towards Dan's pond.  Baby wondered a few feet up the fence and then settled down in the weeds to wait for Mama's return.




Can you see me now?

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I also see the mullen. I recall Momma boiling the roots when we were sick she added sugar and we took it for cough.

Sister--Helen said...

I do not remember that Betty...we remember different things...and Fleet I may see the nose and eye of the deer in the bottom just left of center but I am not sure..