Tuesday, June 05, 2012

June 5



The garden looks good, but we sure could use rain.  The pasture is turning brown and the garden will be too if I don't keep watering it.  We have had squash, new potatoes and a couple of tomatoes already.  I gathered about 20 squash tonight and will take them to work tomorrow.  We have had new potatoes twice including tonight.  The 2 ripe tomatoes were on a plant that had some kind of disease.  It may be what Clayton has had in his.  I pulled 3 tomato plants over the weekend that looked wilted even though they had plenty of water.  

The corn is growing, but I noticed Clayton's is tasseling.  He planted his several weeks before I planted mine.

Still no new goats, but I still think the two brown goats are with kid.  We will see.

Hot and dry is the word for today.  Or, I guess that is words.  

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

We got a nice rain on Monday...first one in about 6 weeks.

Sister--Helen said...

no rain here but my garden looks the same as it did a month ago