Friday, March 30, 2012

March almost done.


Is this a purple martin? I have only seen the one this evening in the house, but George says he was 2 or 3 more in the house with him at different times.  I have seem some other birds around that I thought might be martins.  He is singing here.


He gathered grass and twigs from the ground to make a nest.


And from the top of this cherry tree.


I am at the point that I am glad to have birds in the house, whatever kind of bird they may be.

I planted potatoes yesterday or maybe it was Wednesday.  Anyway, I have two rows of potatoes.  A row and a half of Yukon Gold and a half row of left overs from what I dug last year.

We are having gorgeous.  It was hot this afternoon working in the yard.  Tomorrow, I think I am going to home depot or lowes and buy inpatients and something to redo the planter box in front of the deck.  Spring is definitely here.  


3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Larry says maybe...take a picture of one in flight and we can probably tell.

patsy said...

no, yellow feet and beak do not make a purple martin. looks like the black birds in my house.

Sister--Helen said...

Love the camera great investment