Monday, December 05, 2011

No news

I have not heard from Patsy today.  I tried to call the hospital, but they were not answering their phone.  It is way too cold to go over there.  I think she will probably come home tomorrow.

I have been reading a few books.  I read Donna's Water for Elephants and really enjoyed it.  I got Regis Philbin's book, but did not read much of it.  It was not interesting at all.  I got the Steve Jobs book at the library and read the first part about his early life and the start of the computer industry but did not read much of the rest.  I did not know he was such an awful person.  He was the original 'It's all about me' guy, selfish, self-centered and narcissistic.  I did enjoy some of the early computer history as I was a part of that.

It is colder than it has been so far this fall.  I would say this year but maybe there are other people out there that think the year starts on January 1.  I was raised on a farm and to me the year is 4 seasons, starting with Spring.  I always consider January and February as the last part of the year.  George makes fun of me when I say something happened last year when it was last January.  He is not a true farmer or he would know that the new year does not start until then end of March or the first of April when things start to grow.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I read the first part of jobs book too...rest was yucky. I thought it was interesting that he was adopted.

Glad Patsy is better.

Donna. W said...

I think you will love "The Help" and "Mudbound". I didn't know Patsy was in the hospital. If she's ever in there for long, I hope somebody will let me know so I can send her a note or a card. She is special to me.