Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I bought George a nice little window air conditioner for his bedroom for Father's day.  We have a big window unit in the living room, but it does not chill the bedroom very well at night after it gets really into summer and does not cool down at night outside.  It really has not been as hot the last 2 or 3 days, but we enjoyed the cool room just the same.

My garden is doing great.  I got one squash already and will have more in a few days.  My potatoes plants are already dying.  They never did really bloom but I have lots of potatoes.

Two days off and then on to next week's big audit at work.  I am actually glad it is coming early this year.  Last year it was August so we dreaded it all summer.  This year, we did not even know she was coming until last week.  Get it over with early in the year works for me.

I am enjoying my new pretty floor, but I am having to get back in the habit of cleaning it every day.  It really shows dirt,  but is easy to clean.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Nothing better than being cool at night. I hate trying to sleep when it is hot.

My garden is burning up.