Monday, June 20, 2011

Gardens


Clayton's.


Mine.

I picked my first green beans today.  I got enough for a good sized pot of beans that are now cooking.  I did not plant many green beans as I do not care that much for them and they are a lot of work to put up.  

Just so you will know, the ripe tomato I posted yesterday was a grape tomato less than an inch long.  It was the only one ripe.  In a couple of weeks I should have lots of tomatoes.  I hope Clayton's corn is ready by then so I can have green beans, corn and tomatoes.

I got a couple of little squash today, but the first plants I got from the Germans are dying.  They had squash bugs and I dusted them, but the plants are still dying without producing.  They have little squash that die on the vine.  I have more plants that I got seed from Clayton and they should be producing in a week or less.  They look healthy.  

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

notice Clayton has a chair in his...

Galla Creek said...

Ours is burning up.