Tuesday, May 03, 2011

I did not mean

that anyone had forgotten Debbie's birthday.  After Debbie was born, her birthday overshadowed her sister's birthday that was the next day for as long as Debbie lived.  The rest of us had birthdays off to ourselves.  Me and Mama both had birthday's in January, Daddy and Gilbert shared July, but the days were not that close together.  The rest of you had the only birthday in your month, but from the time Debbie was born, her day always out shown Patsy's day.  Remember the year we tried to fool Debbie by pretending to forget her birthday?

But, really what brought the thought of Debbie's day was the cold weather.  I looked back at my blog entires for May 2nd since '06.  I did not find any weather information, only things about Debbie and Patsy.

Today was warmer, around 60 or so, not sure of the exact number and the sun was shinning most of the day.  NO RAIN today.  Thank you Lord.

Remember when Patsy got us started on blogging?  I thought it was not a worthwhile activity.  I think I was the last to actually start blogging.  Now, even though I do not post as regularly as I should, I have come to depend on our blogs to keep in touch and in tune with all the sisters.  Every once in a while, I look back through our posts to see what was going on at this time last month or last year.  Since looking for historical weather for May 2nd with no success, I think I will make the daily weather a part of my posts.  Except, my posts are never daily.  Weekly is more like it for me. I guess I need to see if I can get Patsy to make weather a part of her daily post.  Then, next year I can look back and see what the weather was a year ago.  I know everyone else has gone over to facebook, but I like the blogs.  Getting us started blogging is one of the nicest things Patsy has done for us.  She is our leader.

Now, we need to get brother started.

Happy birthday Patsy.  We all love you even if you have always been second best to Debbie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we were all second best to Debby helen

Donna. W said...

And I'm starting to feel like I know the whole family! If I had to choose between Facebooks and the blog, I'd get rid of Facebook and keep the blog.