Friday, January 21, 2011

Waterloo, Call George!!



That would be Meek hill, in the background on the right behind my Maple tree. This morning I got about 10 feet from the top and spun out. There was a time, before cell phones, before George's retirement that this might have been more of a problem. This morning, it was just a matter of waiting about 45 minutes until George got dressed, cleaned the ice off his truck and came after me. He drove my truck out as I figured he could if I did not get it in the ditch. I could have gotten him up to take me or I could have taken the big truck. The trouble with taking the big truck is that he has nothing to pull me out with if I get it stuck. The trouble with him taking me to work is having to wait for him to come get me. I don't have to go out again until Monday. I guess if it is bad I will wake George up. Or, wait till I get stuck and them wake him up.

And then, I could always call brother to come get me in big red. He is even slower than George, so I would probably have to wait over an hour.

I hope Lane and Emmy do not read this. They do not think Grandma is a very good driver. When I try to defend myself they always say, 'Grandma, you killed a COW!'

One day on the way to work, I ran into a yearling heifer. In defense, it was dark, the cow was black and she jumped out of the ditch in front of the truck. I was fine, the truck and the cow were not. George was at work, so I could not just call George. Brother was a few minutes behind me. He stopped to help and asked if I wanted him to call a wrecker. Brother always had his work 2 way radio in his truck. I told him to call Mr. Wilson at work on the radio and have him find George and send him out. Wilson found George and told him Fleta killed a cow you better go get her.

Words to live by, see trouble, call George...

No comments: