Thursday, December 16, 2010

Old news

Me!

I have been tired all week.  Stayed up late, past 10 pm Monday night watching the Closer and have not really recovered.

Yesterday, I did Helen's thing and cooked cinnamon rolls, cookies and Laura Jene's cream cheese thingy to take to work.  I had a pizza party for our crew today instead of buying them Christmas Junk.  It went over really well, and my food was good.  My Laura thingy was not as good as Laura's but they liked it because they did not know any better.and thought it was good.  I gave the recipe to several.  I tried a new recipe for the cinnamon rolls.  I always loved those cinnabon cinnamon rolls so I searched for a recipe.  Here
http://www.food.com/recipe/cinnabon-cinnamon-rolls-76864
is the one I tried.  I had to use more flour than called for, I let them rise a second time, and I cooked them almost 20 minutes instead of 10, but they were VERY good.  This is going to be my new cinnamon roll recipe.

However, I am not Helen and the whole thing of cooking was a big chore, not a joy as it is with her.  I lived through it though and I am through with Christmas at work until next year.  I am not a fan of Christmas.  I enjoy little presents for little kids under 10 years old.  I have alway thought that Christmas for grown people was an exercise in stupidity.  Every year at Christmas time, I see little children that break my heart.  I think Christmas in our country is about greed and poor little broken hearted children.

Tomorrow, I am only working 4 hours, then I am coming home to make Hannah's birthday.  She asked her Mommy why she did not have a birthday.  I am going to decorate the table with Christmas lights and tinsel and make her a cake with a princess crown on it.  We will go get them Saturday morning.  I am going to give her some of the stuff I got her for Christmas.  I will keep them till Sunday afternoon if she does alright.  Jackie says she is doing great.

I am going to try to get some pictures of her in her new Christmas outfit I bought for her.  We plan on having a big time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to hate Christmas, now I just dislike it. Never had been a joyful time to me. Just stupid spending. I am just getting for my 5 gkids.

I might try the C. roll recipe, well, maybe not.
Sister ?

Galla Creek said...

Got up this morning and baked those cinnamon rolls and took them to the nice folks I work with! NOT!