Saturday, September 11, 2010

New Dawn



Yesterday, my oldest son turned one year older. Why do I say it that way? Because I have trouble wrapping my mind around the age of my children. My son is now the same age I was in 1985 when my children were not even teenagers. In talking with son, he seems to be at a point in his life where he might see a new dawn. At least I am hopeful today. There have been many times in his life when hopeful was not in sight.

Monday, my youngest grandson will turn 5. That is a number I can relate to. Grandson is also seeing a new dawn. His teachers say they think he will be entering kindergarten a year from now. Definitely seeing a new dawn for grandson.

And, there is soon going to be a new dawn in my own life in my bedroom. George has torn out the piece of water damaged paneling below the window and found the wall studs have to be replaced. In the process of fixing the wall, he is going to attempt putting new windows in the bedroom. The problem with new windows is that the current windows are non standard size so he either had to put in larger or smaller windows. He says he thinks he can put in larger windows, so yesterday we purchased 2 new windows for my bedroom that are 2 inches wider than the current windows. When he cuts the new openings, I will likely see the new dawn right in my bedroom through the holes in the wall for years to come. After living with the man for 38 years, I am expecting new windows in those larger holes in the walls no latter than 2015.

I am looking forward to many new dawns in my holey bedroom.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

HOPE.

Galla Creek said...

Your son is ab0ut the age you were when Daddy got really sick and you stepped and did your duty. He is older than you were when you were carrying him to springfield, MO for cancer treatment.

We all hope for the best as the alternative is to expect the worse. And as Helen says the blood tie is the important. He is you. You are he. If we can't hope for ourselves we are doomed.