Sunday, November 02, 2008

Polls

I have never had much faith in the polls that have the O winning next Tuesday. If they had him way ahead in the critical states I would have more faith, but I just do not have faith as it stands now. As someone said today, I have been snake bit twice, 2000 & 2004, and I am afraid of the polling snake.

And.... I have considered that nearly if not all the polls are conducted by news organizations that have a vested interest in keeping us tuned in. If this were a run away electionn by either party, there would be 2 losers on election night, the losing candidate and all the news people that depend on us tuning in to their blathering.

Today, my distrust of the polls was validated when I saw that realclear had gone real murky and taken Arkansas from McCain sure thing to leaning McCain. Now, regardless of what anyone may read ANYWHERE on the net, I absolutely KNOW Arkansas will go for McCain next Tuesday. There is no way a black man is going to carry Arkansas in a national election anytime in this or the next decade. Maybe in the next century, but that is still really doubtful. Any poll that says different is not based in reality. Polls are based on the needs of the people paying for the polls. That is why polls conducted by a political party are not trusted by anyone, even the ones conduction the polls. If political party polls are suspect because they return results favorable to their own cause, why then would news media polls not be suspect because they return results favorable to the news media. That is, results showing a close race so that we need to stay tuned to their 'news'? No news is really bad news if your job depends on the news.

But, wait, what I wanted to say is I found this article on the net that I really liked. Just and ordinary person telling his story, but I found if interesting.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/1103/p09s02-coop.html

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I enjoyed his article.