Thursday, October 23, 2008

A First Time for something

I went today and voted early. No waiting in line. This was the first time I had ever voted for a black man for any office. I have lived other places, but I have only voted in Carroll Co. There has never before been a black man on my ballot to vote for until today.

I said when it looked like the O was going to give Hillary a run for her money that the Democrates had found a way to loose in spite of Bush. I am still not sure Obama will win. If he loses it will be because he is black. If McCain loses it will be becasue he is not black.

I usually watch the news on NBC. I do not have great regard for any of he newsmen, but I have read Tim Russet's book and I thought he was a regular person. It was so obvious that he really loved what he was doing. Sometimes when I watch NBC newsmen talk about the election now I feel sad because I think how Russet would have been so excited about all this. I also think my Dad would have enjoyed the election this year. I will be up til the wee hours on Nov. 4. I hope it does not go like 2000 with the pronounced winner changing from hour to hour.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I plan to vote early too. I am glad you went to vote. Erin has reg. and is voting for the first time in Boone Co.AR.

Unknown said...

Mike and I voted last Tues. and I too thought of my Mom and what she would have thought of the Democrat party. Her generation had been seen and felt a great deal because of the St.Louis blacks.....but I feel pretty certain that the ideals I carry with me now would have also meant that Mom and Dad would have voted for Obama.

Sister--Helen said...

I have thought of Daddy often during this Election. I think he too would have been glued to the tube watching with interest.
It has been some year..

Sister--Helen said...

Fleta rest assured, you are the least like Mama of any of us...