Saturday, May 10, 2008

How things work, or don't

I want things to work the way I want them to work. We, just today, bought a new TV for the living room. When we changed the satellite last month, I got 3 boxes, one for the LR, one for our Bedroom and one for the Grandkids room. I had Greg's TV in the Grandkids room, but it went off to Texas, so I was needing a TV for them. The last time they were here they got into a big fight over the TV in my room. The one in the LR belongs to Grandpa. I had a thing from Best Buy for 10% off with 18 months at 0% interest along with $15 in coupons. We paid around $600 for a nice 37" LCD flat panel and added $99 for a 4 year in home warranty. I did not thing that was bad.





The real problem is, this TV has the very same programs as the old one. I was hoping for better shows.


If you want to know what I mean, just call the number displayed. It will take you to bigger and better things, at least if you are man.

But, the part that did not work was the remote. I hate to have to use two remotes, one for the satellite and one for the TV. Our satellite remove is supposed to be programmable to any TV, but the TV we got was an off brand (Insignia) and was not listed on my satellite's list of codes.

So, back to the computer and google. I typed Insigna TV in the search box, up popped did you mean Insignia TV, which I did. Try this and you will see on the first page of the Google search is one concerning Direct TV codes for the Insignia. By following that lead, I found that the code for my new Insignia TV and Direct TV was 10463.

I also found several references on the first page of the Google search about the Insignia TV not working. Seems one day the TV just refused to power on for more than one person. I am not worried. I have a $99, 4 year, in home warranty that should take care of that.

Now call that number. Maybe you will get a bigger TV.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Is the tv any plainer..i am wondering about getting a better one. We only have one tv and if I get a better one ...i will give this one to the guy at school that watches it during the day. One tv is enough for me.

Sister--Helen said...

There is never anything on the TV I am just going to quit and just start reading the bible more...