Sunday, October 28, 2007

Cause Patsy Said So



Patsy said if you are going to walk, you need to walk as far as you can, as fast as you can. So, today, I tried the red barn again. I made the 4 miles in slightly less than 90 minutes. I needed to walk further today, cause today was supposed to be the first day of my new heart healthy diet (postponed from yesterday cause it didn't happen).

But last week I bought a half a pig in a poke from our Old neighbor, Frank Marr. He had a gift pig and wanted to know if we would take half for the butchering cost. I bought it becasue Frank and George are good friends. It was a small pig, but the meat is really good. Today, George wanted sausage, gravy and biscuits for breakfast (plus eggs for him). Not exactly diet food, but really, really good. Maybe the extra mile I walked helped make up for the non-diet breakfast.

This is me at the red barn today. Do you like my walking clothes? Rememeber I said I was going to get $1 wally world gloves? Well, I actually paid $1.42 for 2 pair of knit gloves; making this pair only 71 cents and the most expensive thing I am wearing. The red knit pants and top cost 25 cents at the thrift store. The all weather jacket and my Adidas walking shoes are casts off from sister Betty. I wear this jacket to work a lot because it is just right for all kinds of weather. I love a bargain.

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Laura is wanting to buy you some good walking shoes...but I told her I thought I had given you some pretty good ones if you had not given them away.

We walked 3 and half miles today, but tomorrow I will be back to the shorter walk as I don't have as much time.

Isn't walking fun. The bike ride was even better...but I can't ride the bike here...too many hills. the nature trail is mostly flat. Just a few little hills that I can make it up! But I have to peddle all the time there is not coasting.

I can tell you have lost wt. I have not lost a pound.

I am trying to eat healthy, but liek you I have bacon, scambled egg and a biscuit for lunch. it was good.

I am drinking a lot of skim milk as I thought maybe it would help my knees.

patsy said...

i didn't say that! i said don't tell how far you walk, you will kill betty trying to do more.

Galla Creek said...

I don't think it will kill me to do more. I am so happy to be able to walk. Fleta maybe I can come up and we can walk to Denver, AR?

Galla Creek said...

Then phone George and wake him up to......come and get us.

Anonymous said...

He might not come get us... He might think it was his lucky day.

Sweet Sis